At Safflower Day Spa we strive to provide excellent service to our clients and the community. We make great efforts to meet your goal for each session, whether you are looking to relieve chronic back or neck pain, manage stress, help recover from injury or enhance your sports performance.
- To help us understand your needs and to create a better relationship with you, please complete our client intake form. If you arrive a little early, please wait in our reception area until your appointment time.
- Arriving at our spa you will be greeted in our front area by your massage therapist who will take time to inquire about your reasons for coming in for a massage, address your current physical condition and any specific painful areas that you would like to focus on during your massage. Your therapist will then guide you to your relaxing massage room.
- Your massage therapist will then leave the room and wait outside while you disrobe. The level you would like to disrobe to is completely up to your comfort; we suggest you remain partially clothed. We offer disposable underwear which you are welcome to ask us for. Once you have disrobed, you will lie on the warm massage table under a top sheet.
- You can expect to be in a warm, comfortable and peaceful environment during your massage. During the massage session, you will always be draped with the top sheet. As your massage therapist performs the bodywork, only the parts being worked on will be uncovered, ensuring that your modesty is respected at all times. To avoid embarrassment to our clients and to themselves, our massage therapists will always conduct themselves with integrity in a professional and ethical manner.
- Most of our massages are inclusive of a hot stone treatment through the placement of smooth, water-heated stones at key points on the body. Please let your therapist know if you’d prefer not to have this treatment.
- To relax your muscles and increase circulation, your therapist will begin the session with a heating blanket and a body stretch followed by an oil massage. Please let your therapist know if you’d prefer not to have the body stretch.
- Once your massage therapy session is complete, your therapist will leave the room and give you time to re-dress. When you are ready, your therapist will greet you outside the room with a bottle of water and walk you back up to the front area.
- Our foot massage sessions include a 5 to 7 minute water soak.
- Our body sessions include a 5 to 7 minute consultation and the time to disrobe and dress.
- Once an appointment is booked, you will be notified via confirmation text. You may call us back within ten minutes of booking to cancel with no penalties. After the 10 minute period we will charge a $30 booking fee. Cancellations that take place less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled massage time will be charged $30. Cancellations that take place less than 1 hour prior to the scheduled massage time will be charged $50. If you have multiple appointments booked, you will be charged the above cancellation fees for each appointment.
There is no cancellation fee if you cancel over 24 hours prior to the scheduled massage time. There is no cancellation fee if you call and reschedule an appointment.